Hey! Thanks for using this elevation app!
- This web app is completely free to use and open source with no ads at all. It was made using
- Click here to view the source code on GitHub.
- It's private. There are no analytics, trackers, or cookies.
- The app requests your location to get the elevation at your position. Only your coordinates are sent as a secure request to a trusted, external service.
Your location data is not stored by me nor can I access it.
- If you are in the U.S. (with the exception of some spots in Alaska), your elevation request will likely be processed by the
USGS' Elevation Point Query Service.
- If you are outside the U.S., your elevation request will be processed by Elevation-API.
Because this is a free API, elevations returned only have a 5 km accuracy.
- It's also a Progressive Web App (PWA)! This means you can "install" it on your device
for easy access. It works on Android, iOS, iPadOS, Chrome OS, macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Click here to learn how to install a PWA in Chrome.
- If you're running into any issues,
please make sure you're using the latest versions of Google Chrome,
Apple Safari, or
Opera on a phone or computer.
If you found this app handy, you can support the creator through a PayPal donation
Check out my other work here.
This web app was made possible thanks to Google's Material Design components and icons as well as open APIs from the USGS and
Elevation-API. The app icon was made by Freepik from Flaticon.
Designed by Carson Saldanha.